FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to stay while in transit overnight?
Old Jun 30, 2004, 2:13 am
Pickles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Which brings me to my next question: Anybody recommend a good place for lunch? I know there are no shortage of them in Hong Kong, but a place on or near the water would be nice.

Thanks again.
Depends what you want to eat... There is a new place at the IFC Mall, called Isola. The food (italianish) is fine, but the view from their waterfront terrace is phenomenal. If you want better food with a slightly diminished view, you can try the lunch special at Le Parisien, just next door.

If you want Chinese (and a view), there are four choices I can think of:

1. The Maxim's dim sum at City Hall, which is very folkloric and cheap, great view of Kowloon. Go with a large group, though, otherwise rather pointless.

2. The Man Wah at the 25th floor of the Mandarin. Very very nice, relatively expensive (e.g the pork buns that would cost you $3 USD anywhere else will cost you $4.50 here), but very very good.

3. The One Harbour at the Grand Hyatt. Very good, but not as good as Man Wah, and just as expensive.

4. The Hutong, at 1 Peking Road in Kowloon. Food is fine, not as good as the previous two, but it is Beijing food, which is different. Also, amazing view of the island.