FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Savannah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 19, 2004, 8:25 pm
kv99

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
I just stayed over Mem. Day weekend (2 rooms on pts) and they gave me exceptional treatment. They blocked us into a suite with a huge living and dining area and bedroom, and an adjoining regular hotel room (so effectively, a 2BR/3BA suite). The view of the Savannah River ship canal was fantastic.

The suite was not available when we checked in at 5 pm on Saturday, so they gave us the regular room to dump our stuff in and bought us two rounds of drinks in the friendly bar. This is above and beyond in my opinion.

The hotel is a somewhat dated atrium-style hotel but serviceable with a fantastic location on the Savannah River and right downtown. Parking is $13/night IIRC, and there is a so-so pool and gym.

The only complaint on an otherwise great stay was the breakfast. Diamonds are given a continental coupon, but the credit cannot be applied to breakfast off the menu, only to an overpriced buffet. The service in the restaurant was poor.

Anyway, definitely good value as a Cat. 2 hotel.