FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Review Of And Recommendations For Luggage Brands
Old Jun 16, 2004, 12:36 pm
Dianne47

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
Luggage Reviews

The two major luggage review sites that I've found on the web are at the www.ebags.com commercial site and at www.epinions.com .

I always read all the reviews and then go to a store to "try out" the pieces I'm considering. I have to inspect the innards of each bag to make sure it's set up for the way I pack and travel. My pet peeve is compartments in the lid with a zipper that doesn't go around three sides, it's hard to place multiple items in the pocket if the zipper is only along one side.

I'm height-challenged (about five feet TALL) and the Briggs and Riley bags that I've tried have pull-out handles that are too long/high for me. I'm sure they're fine for tall folks and many FTers swear by this brand.

I'm partial to TravelPro, which is sold by ebags and many other online retailers. One thing I like about ebags is they list the dimensions and weight of each item. It's surprising how much the same "size" bags can vary in weight, and when you're lifting that baby into the overhead bin it's good to have a lighter weight case.

Good luck on your luggage hunt!