FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott “Associate Explore" and "Friends and Family” rate questions
Old Jun 11, 2004, 9:20 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I recently used an MMF, and the desk clerk said the rate wasn't eligible for points. I didn't argue - thinking that the system will do the right thing and worst case credit my incidentals - but he erased my number from the reservation. He refused to add it back when I asked him about it.

At the time I checked out, he wasn't working. Another clerk happily added my number back to the reservation. It hasn't been 10 days yet, but I'm assuming that the points will post - even if it's just the incidentals. (It's not a huge deal and I didn't want to throw a fit about it since the rate was so good, but the guy at the desk should have left my number in the record. If the system throws it out - fine.)

Also, if you don't want to go the fax route (because you are concerned that the hotel will lose it or whatever), you can take the signed authorization form from the marriott employee to the hotel yourself and hand it over at checkin.