FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott “Associate Explore" and "Friends and Family” rate questions
Old Jun 11, 2004, 8:37 am
FlyWithoutWings
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Silver, United Premiere, Hilton Silver, National Execuitve Elite
It's a "special" rate that a Marriott Employee needs to set up for you. They need to fill out a special internal form to get the rate approved and then fax it to the hotel you're staying at to confirm the rate (I think they can also give you the form and have you take it to the hotel). I had never used it before, but my wife recently made a new friend that works in reservations. She offered to let us use it because we were trying to stay at a place we otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford. I don't know if Marriott limits the number of times each employee can offer it to their friends/family, but I doubt I'll be hitting her up for it very often. Save it for when we're taking a nice weekend someplace, and let the Company continue to pay rack rates - or at least corporate rates - Monday through Friday.

The rate is mentioned in the thread about various Marriott codes. The online booking code is MMF (if you're curious to see what the Friends & Family rates are), but remember that the rate will be declined if the internal paperwork isn't provided to the hotel.

Last edited by FlyWithoutWings; Jun 11, 2004 at 10:14 am