FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2017
Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:47 am
MrsW

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
CP Aberdeen Airport

CP Aberdeen Airport

What is your Priority Club status? Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes, this was our third stay and we have been happy each time. The staff are really friendly and helpful.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? We booked the cheapest and our upgrade was to a King Cub room.

How are the rooms? New, well designed and comfortable. View was of the runway but very little noise heard. Large bath and separate rainforest shower. Nespresso machine plus kettle with tea, coffee and hot choc with shortbread. Bottle of water in the room.

How is the exec. lounge? Tea, coffee and soft drinks all day with crisps, biscuits, chocolate and cereal bars. A sign said drinks were served between 6-7pm. Nothing was there by 6.10 so we went to the bar and were given four Spire bar vouchers and a tray of assorted hot and cold canapés was brought to our table in the lounge. At breakfast we were invited to help ourselves from the buffet (normally £15.95/person) and we could choose to eat in the lounge or the restaurant.

What was good and what was bad? Lots of great board games in the Lounge which provided our entertainment in the evening. Only one bathrobe for two guests. I was concerned that we would not be given Lounge access having read that a recent Spire guest was denied. Luckily my fears were unfounded. This was a relief as there is little else available in the local area.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Paid £41 for the room which was great for the two of us. I have a couple of stays booked as PointBreaks so it will be interesting to see whether Lounge access is granted for these.