FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United IAH-SYD connecting to seperately ticketed domestic flight - a few questions
Old Sep 13, 2017, 8:58 pm
AlreadyThere

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL '90s PM, now FK (Flying Kettle)
Originally Posted by docbert
Otherwise the only option as you've said is to either fly business class on either Qantas or Virgin, or pay for the one-time pass with Virgin (max 2 hours). Both QF and VA have showers in their Sydney lounges.
I don't think this is an option.

I don't know if things have changed in the last year, but after flying QF LAX-SYD in paid F class, I was denied entry into their SYD lounge on the basis that I had no departing flight on QF that day. Obviously I couldn't get to the int'l lounge due to passport security, but I made it over to their domestic lounge. I pleaded with them to just let me use the shower -- it was right there, I was an F pax, I even have a lifetime Admirals Club membership that includes QF lounges. The answer was no. Unless I was departing on QF, no access.

This is something I detest about QF at SYD airport. They have the facilities, you arrive in Australia far too early for your hotel to want to see you, you've just flown one of the longest flights in the world, and -- no shower for you.

If this has changed, I'd love to know about it.