FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Non-Status Pax - Unexpected J Seat from Y - Out of Sympathy by AC?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 3:37 pm
The smallest state

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by Fiordland
Sounds like someone in the system wanted to say, I am sorry or thank you.

Perhaps they are trying to avoid CBC new articles.

----

My own personal example....

A few years ago, I checked in at YVR (was 35k at the time).
- Handed the agent my ID and aeroplan card.
- The aeroplan card fell off the counter between the belt and counter.
- Agent says, "Sorry - I need to call maintenance to get that out, just go to the maple leaf lounge and I will try to get your card extracted before your flight."
- Arrive at the lounge with my boarding pass and no card, agent say "Mr Fiordland", we were expected you, just go right upstairs.
- About half and hour later the agent that checked me in, finds me in the lounge hands me the card and say I am sorry again."
- Get to the gate, not a full flight. I board. The gate agent comes on the aircraft and says. "Mr Fiordland I would like to move you up to business class if you don't mind, just before closing the door." Same thing happened on the connecting flight.

This is what makes Air Canada excruciatingly painful to describe.

One out of every 20 flights I will get a person who actually loves their job and has a happy disposition. They seem like they want to help and actually show some eagerness to complete their tasks to make the customer feel like,.......well, a customer.

One out of every 8-12 flights I will meet a real fire-breathing Dragon. Never a smile, always do the absolute minimum with a perma-glare scowl on the face. They hate the company, they hate the equipment, they hate the job tasks, they hate the customers, they really, really, really, REALLY hate me when I push that little call button to summon them for a drink.

The rest of the flights are usually filled with the mediocre to average crew that plague this airline. Apathy Air.