FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United IAH-SYD connecting to seperately ticketed domestic flight - a few questions
Old Sep 13, 2017, 2:42 pm
MarylandGuy

Programs: Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by WheelsUpGal
I flew United Business Class out of Sydney in March and was not offered any lounge access. If you just want a shower, I'd save the $65 and just go with the free public ones, As I recall, they are pretty decent. A little private changing area attached to the shower. You lock the door from the inside. Just get a cheap beach towel from WalMart and throw it in your bag along with some toiletries.

Note that to transfer from international to domestic cost $6 by train (2 minutes) or bus (10 minutes). You need to buy tickets ahead of time, I believe.

I wasn't very impressed with SYD this time around, the airport. Not horrible but not great. They are building a new one out in the suburbs because this original has outgrown it's space.

Is that route served by the Dreamliner?
If you're connecting to Virgin Australia you don't need to pay for the bus. Just head over to the VA transit counter(turn left after leaving customs). They will check your bags in and give you a pass for the VA bus.