FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Understanding SDC - did I get a bad answer?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 8:03 am
YOWgary

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Understanding SDC - did I get a bad answer?

Hi folks,

I'm just now into Gold for the first time, and I'm trying to understand the SDC benefit.

The way it's written on the website, I can simply call in at T-23:59 from my first segment, and change (for example) LGA-ATL-BNA to LGA-DTW-BNA, as long as there's space open in my same fare type.

So, I can't change LGA-ATL-BNA to LGA-BNA, and I can't change from Main Cabin to Economy Comfort, fair enough.

I've got LGA-ATL-SAN coming up this week, and it was half the price with a 6-hour layover at ATL. There are plenty of seats on the earlier ATL-SAN, but I only want to switch if I can confirm an aisle seat. Long layover is better than five hours in 26B.

When I asked a DL agent to confirm this for me last night, he said confirmed SDC is only available in the event of IRROPS, and otherwise all I can do is standby on the flights I want.

As a bonus question - if I do a confirmed SDC, do I end up on the upgrade list as if I'd bought that flight from the beginning?

Thanks!