FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I think, I've just been tricked by SAS representative by amount of taxes taken
Old Sep 13, 2017, 4:03 am
cepylka

Programs: Skymiles Silver, Finnair Silver, Marriott Silver, SPG Preffered Guest Plus
I think, I've just been tricked by SAS representative by amount of taxes taken

I called to Eurobonus to get 2 Award tickets in Economy for HKG-NRT flight by ANA. They asked for 30000 points and apr. 1200NOK taxes (so it was 600NOK per passenger). I agreed, but raised a questions why there were so much taxes. Just because it was second time me calling them, firstly I had decided to get just one ticket for Bisness (same route, same day, same airline) and they issued a ticket for 30000 points and apr. 330 NOK (and nothing else), and then I decided to return that ticket.
They said that previously the agent didn't calculate a fuel surcharge. And they have to add it. Now I have these economy tickets issued and taxes collected, but I'm in doubt.
I cheked these tickets on ANA website, and there were no such tax as fuel surcharge, and taxes were about 300 NOK, which seemed about right.
I did dummy booking on Wideroe site for OSL-HKG HKG-NRT NRT-OSL (1 ticket, Economy) and got quote for taxes - 2940NOK, then another dummy for OSL-HKG and NRT-OSL and got 2683 NOK, so the difference is 300 NOK again.
I have M&M miles, I called them before all this and they also said that taxes should be around 300NOK for 1 ticket for Economy.
I could be mistaken, and taxes for regular ticket are not the same as for award ticket, but why did they issue my first ticket with half amount of taxes and why there are some mystical fuel surcharge if ANA don't even collect one.
How I can check it for sure and is there a possibility to get some refund if I'm right, if the tickets were issued already?