FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mile and Point conferences--which is best and why?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 1:28 pm
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by thehowieee
Yes, I can tell you there was zero financial motivation when it started. Whether or not you choose to believe it is another story.
I do not.

Yes, the speakers have the POTENTIAL, heck, you have the POTENTIAL for personal financial gain for posting in this thread.
Correct.

I’d like to know how much financial gain you think those participating will receive. Especially MMS, as a sponsor, which isn’t going to attend, but wanted to support the event.
A lot.

As for the whole impact for speakers, these presentations could just as easily be blog posts on their own. Why do they post them on their blogs? Because attendees ask them to do so and the best vehicle is to put it on their blog.
Again, it goes back to the credibility position. Delivering a presentation to a paid audience is generally considered more prestigious than spouting off randomly on the internet.

Regarding your experiences, no, I don’t want to hear about how you benefitted from them at FTU, because it isn’t an apple to apple comparison.
What's the difference?

It is also wrong when you wrongfully assume something without having any first-hand experience.
I have plenty of first-hand experience in organizing this type of event. I'm not sure why you believe that's not the case.