FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mile and Point conferences--which is best and why?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:26 pm
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by HMPS
sbm12 While points raised here can be debated till the cows come home, let us be practical....... what actions do us humans take in the course of our lives that are undertaken without a wisp of some sort of gain direct or indirect, in cash or kind ?
None. Thanks for agreeing.

I have volunteered for years at this event, seen the work of the organizers first hand. I could easily have not bought my ticket and just walked in....I do not, nor do any others.
Glad to ehar that you draw the line at not stealing from the organizers. I know some folks don't feel that way and have "cheated" their way into the FTU events in the past.

Yes the some presenters and stall holders gain from contacts and "sales". But then again they disseminate information not known to many of most attendees. Of great benefit to them.
Again, thanks for agreeing. This is my point entirely. People profit from these events. That's okay.
Perhaps we / you & kokonutz should start a thread titled " How to collect miles like we do while not allowing anyone to profit from the knowledge we gain , here we tell you how we do it daily."
I'm terribly confused why I'm being lumped in with kokonutz here. I believe in profiting from my work. I have a mortgage to pay. I see no problem with these events making money or with people making money by trading on the knowledge they posses that others want. I wish some were more ethical in their behavior, but we've got separate threads about all of those already.