FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mile and Point conferences--which is best and why?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 12:11 pm
baccarat_king

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by kokonutz
I have millions of miles too. Because it's often impossible to use them. Or less expensive to buy a business class ticket.
Why do people always say it's (often) "impossible to use them," and yet I manage to use somewhere between 400k to 900k a year? Of course, the "currency" points (we are deep into MR) are much more valuable to me. Though, even "sucky" currencies like Avios have pretty high value to me (intra-Europe, intra-USA).

The only way I can see someone not being able to use them is if they don't travel very often or have zero flexibility (or a combination of such). And, I'm very picky, I pretty much only use airline miles for nonstop flights. I also understand I have a family or five that needs to travel quite a bit throughout the year. So, yes, that helps since I have many individual tickets I am working on at any given moment.