FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How can I afford to travel and how much money I earn from Travel Blogging
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:21 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
I've just launched a blog - http://MyPointsBlog.com, so readership is near-nil. But trying to provide good quality content. Don't know that I've accomplished that with so few articles to start with. However, I'm wondering, what does it take to get U.S.-based bank CC affiliate links? Is there a way to apply to Chase, Amex, and the others? Or is it Don't Call Us, We'll Call You?

I like Google AdSense because the process seemed fair. You submit your site, then wait to see if approved. While approved, I've only made 30 cents in the first week. Hope to become Fiddy Cent, so to say, by the end of next week. But it's going to be a grueling process trying to monetize via AdSense, I suspect.

Which leads me back to my question about how one obtains CC affiliate links. Since this post is quite old, thought I'd bump it up and see who and what shows up. And please, don't be cruel--to a heart that's true. :-)
I think if you're going in with the foremost goal of getting CC affiliate links, you've already started off on the wrong foot. It's usually obvious when a blog is trying to create content just to get into the CC affiliate marketing game. The internet has plenty of alleged "miles & points", aka Credit Card Salesmen, blogs. BoardingArea alone adds another wannabe blogger every twenty seconds or so, most of them reblogging one another and recycling the same content as an excuse to pump more links. What would attract readers to another new site unless there is some really original and unique content?