FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2017
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:26 am
DJ Bitterbarn

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
CP Shanghai Anting

CP Shanghai Anting

What is your Priority Club status?
Gold

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Very. The hotel is close to where I need to be and

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked the single-bed superior, but the hotel was full when I arrived and was upgraded to an apartment.

How are the rooms?
As I've previously stayed in the superior (5F), it's already more than satisfactory. Large room, comfortable bed, and large bathroom. Personalized notes every stay from the staff, welcome fruit as Gold benefit, and relatively fast internet.

The apartments are certainly nicer, with large open living room, full kitchen, and comfortable layout. There is no electrical plug in the kitchen, though, so you need to make tea in the bedroom, which is odd. It is a walk to either the rooms or apartments (separate towers) but not unreasonable.

How is the exec. lounge?
Did not have access or chance to use anyway.

What was good and what was bad?
I've stayed here more than a couple weeks total this year and the staff are always friendly and accommodating. Overall the experience is one of the better ones from a CP in China, as is the hotel size/quality. The neighbourhood is quiet and very well kept.

The downside is that unless you're coming to Anting, the hotel is a long way from anything. Expect an hour on the metro to get there plus a bus/taxi to the hotel (It should cost ~20-30RMB from Anting Station to the hotel or vice versa). There's a free shuttle that runs every hour from Anting Station, even though Shanghai Auto City is closer. Very limited food options outside of the hotel.

Extremely popular with business travellers going to the Auto City, so note that breakfast is quite popular at certain times.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
There are standard rates that make this a great deal if you're coming to Anting. In terms of points, this hotel is extremely good value. 20,000 points/night is excellent for this hotel.