FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAs "Not allowed" to serve canned drinks on 1 hr flights?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:27 pm
Geordie405

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
It's now the same on LAS - LAX and vice versa and has been for a few weeks.

The drinks run in coach is now limited to a small bottle of water (Dasani) and orange juice although I was able to get coffee on Wednesday's flight to LAX and a glass of wine on the return in the evening.

On the outbound I asked why there was no longer a full beverage service and was given the following three explanations:

1. No one else on the LAS - LAX route offers anything more than water and juice and AA will match their competitors' offerings (which is BS as I know others do)

2. Health & Safety (which I get if there's turbulence, but past experience has shown that turbulence never impacts the First cabin, only coach)

3. It's a bit of a hustle to get the service completed in the allocated time (which I do also get if it's a busy flight - but AA always managed it in the past).

So I was then told to write to "the company" as the FA was clearly annoyed with me blowing her arguments out of the water and she didn't make the rules.