FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What keeps you on Delta?
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:13 am
Duke787
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
With my business traveler hat on:

-Corporate rate includes free Exit Row / Preferred Seats and waitlist for C+
-More direct flights out of RDU to places I'm likely to fly
-Better service and more comfortable in Y than AA or UA (personal preference - know others might disagree)

With my personal travel hat on:

-Better service and more comfortable in Y than AA or UA (personal preference - know others might disagree)
-Better experience in IRROPS despite having no / minimal status (SPG Plat but that's nothing)
-When upgraded or paid F, I personally think the food is better than what they serve on AA or UA
-Tons of daily mainline flights between RDU and ATL means you can be efficient in your timing and go RDU - ATL - XYZ (or vv) with reasonably short layovers. UA requires going via EWR / IAD / ORD / IAH on mostly regionals and at times long layovers, AA is better with the short hop to CLT but prefer DL
-Free checked bag due to holding AMEX Delta but don't have to actually buy ticket with it (vs. UA which requires buying ticket to use bag benefit)
-More planes with IFE for the times I forget my iPad or don't want to drain the battery on a long flight
-Can actually use my DL miles for something even if it's not at the saver level (though my last 4 redemptions have all been saver Y or saver J for TATL so no complaints here) vs. AA which is a non-starter