FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - e-Ticket with connection + how airports work
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:04 pm
simonlread28

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
6 hours ahead of time? The check-in counter opens 3 hours before the flight.

If you are able to check-in online and are not checking a bag I'd find something to do outside of the airport in the general area and once checked-in I'd spend the 30 pounds to access a lounge for some food & drink as LGW is essentially a giant mall.

Not sure if they have any issues with reprinting boarding passes at the check-in counter as those tend to be more of a low cost carrier rule.
Yeah, I was probably worrying a bit when I booked my coach, thinking about possible motorway disruption and stuff. Nevertheless, I can't change it now.
I'm checking a bag too, but I don't mind sitting around in the check-in desk area until it's time. It'll allow me to soak it all in and chat to some staff.

What are the advantages of accessing the lounge? I mean, as opposed to getting food/drink in the regular areas of the airport.

Finally, do I NEED to check-in online? Do you think I could forego this and check in at the desk?

Sorry if all this sounds stupid, but I'm simply clueless as to how all this works. I have flown before, but with my family when I was young.