FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - e-Ticket with connection + how airports work
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:30 pm
simonlread28

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
-At LGW check-in you will present your passport and your boarding passes will be issued.

Do you have/require an eTA (electronic visa)?
Hi, thanks for the guide. Appreciate it! This is the exact flight time I have too, yeah.
If I do the online check-in, is this the equivalent of going to the check-in desk at the airport? As in, will I print my own boarding passes at home? Also. in the event something happens to my printer, will I still have the option to print it at the airport?

Originally Posted by arollins
Presuming this was all booked under one trip, you will have one BP for each individual segment of your journey, 2 in total.

I suggest you check on line the airports respective websites and get yourself familiarized with the airport layout, which terminal operates the departure/arrival of the carrier and how to transit within terminals.
Thanks for clarifying the ticket situation! I'll definitely try to find the airport layout too. Good idea.

Originally Posted by MADPhil
Check-in online but don't worry too much if you can't get boarding passes. The airline will want to see your passport at the airport and may want to force you to visit the check-in desk even if you aren't checking a bag.

Allow plenty of time before the flight because nothing is worse than starting the trip with waiting in long lines followed by a mad dash to the gate.

Once you have done what you can, relax and go with the flow (or lack thereof) as there is no point in fighting it! Have a good trip.
Thanks. As I asked above, does this mean I can check in online and, if there are any issues (such as my printer breaking), I still will have the opportunity to get them at the check-in desk? If I email it to my phone, is it like a barcode I can use as a boarding pass?
I'll be at the airport about six hours before my flight, due to coach times. This should be more than enough, right?
I'll certainly have a good trip... providing I actually get there, haha.

Thanks again, everyone.