FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Single parent with an infant -how do I get everything on the plane?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:26 pm
swise

Programs: Mr Swise: AAdvantage LifetimePlt/3MM, HH Dmnd, SPG Plt
I have to say, I prefer taking the stroller over the luggage cart. The luggage cart is one more thing to hold and stow and retrieve when schlepping down the aisle, and I just found it easier to let the ground crew handle that part of the process by taking my stroller from me at the jetway.

When mine were little enough for the bucket-style car seat, I took the snap-n-go, which was so easy to disconnect and then leave at the gate. When they were bigger, I could hang the Cosco Scenera car seat onto the handle of the City Mini and strap the kid in the stroller, and everything/everyone was contained. When a second kid arrived, one kid went in my Ergo strapped on me, and the older one went in the stroller.

Mine were huge babies, and so ring slings were not an option. The Ergo was far more comfortable, as their weight was distributed on both shoulders. We're talking 22 lb 4-month-olds. They had rolls on their rolls. Plus, the Ergo works well when also wearing a backpack. I don't think I could easily take a backpack on and off with a ring sling.

Anyway, just some other ideas. Everyone does it a little differently.