FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton IT new & improved cluster bonanza yet again. Points taken from my account.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:18 am
Beolab

Programs: Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Club, HHonors Diamond
Hilton IT new & improved cluster bonanza yet again. Points taken from my account.

I thought I had seen it all with Hilton Honors IT by now. But boy, did they just create yet another cluster bonanza. Yes, it's endless email time again with the Diamond Desk.

Early June I made a reward booking for a two night stay at The Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. A few days later, a special promotional rate comes along. So I change the reservation to a paid booking. The 108.000 points used for the reward reservation of a premium room, are posted back in my account.

I have a wonderful stay at the hotel, use the restaurant and the spa. After the stay, all points post for room charges and incidentals. So all is right. It seems...

Now, six weeks later, I receive a standard email to notify me that Hilton Honors has taken points from my account for a pro-active points correction. No further explanation about the where, what & why. I check my account and notice that I am almost at minus 100.000, because they took 108.000 points out for a redemption stay at Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.

I start to doubt myself, so I call the hotel for an email folio copy and check the number of base points credited to my account for this stay. All this shows that it was a fully paid booking. Reluctantly, because I fear what is going to happen, I send an email to the Diamond Desk. My reluctance proves to be justified...

Only 10 days after the last one, I am in a brand new and fresh endless email chain again, in which I am now told that the records show that this was a reward stay, even though I send over the folio and asked if they could check the number of Base Points, all awarded correctly for this booking.

I fear that by now, my wife thinks I am having affairs with Maria, Denise and Shereyne at the Diamond Desk, since I received more emails from them the last few months then anyone else...

Last edited by Beolab; Aug 11, 2017 at 12:24 am