FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:02 pm
saaveraward

IC Chicago

Spire Ambassador

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

1 King executive tower, upgraded pre-arrival to Grand Suite (which as the front desk person says is a "junior suite" in the "Grand tower"). $20 upgrade but still worth it.

Walked up to the ambassador desk, and if you've been there, you know there's a pole obscuring the seats. I asked the concierge desk if ambassador check in was open and I was met with "NO! (point) You can check in at the regular line." Nice perk and welcome. 30 minutes later check in was 15 deep with ambassador still closed.

How are the rooms?
Spent many nights in this category so won't review it again. It's a one bedroom suite without a door between the two. Room had a "smell" as it had on previous stays. Air filter on the ceiling was filthy and disgusting. Gross throw pillows had tons of long strand hair and is conducive to such collection, including pillows placed on the bed.

Evian replaced free of charge in the mini bar per ambassador letter. Only 10 oz bottles though.

This hotel keeps getting cheaper and cheaper and ambassador gift is a joke. In the app, I selected "sweet" amenity. Well, I returned to the room to find 2 cents worth of snack mix in a jar. Not sweet. No note. No napkin. Just a sad jar. This is what they serve in a packet on Southwest or in an airport lounge. Sad.

They've discontinued newspaper delivery. Last year I didn't even have to ask. At check in I asked for my newspaper delivery and was told they stopped it. I asked if I could pick one up at the bell desk since they had carried them. No. So she put a note to have one delivered.

No newspaper the next morning. Can easily slide under the door, so I doubt it was stolen.

Went to the concierge and said my promised newspaper never came. Instead of rectifying this I was told I could "download an app or buy one in the gift shop." Classy. I waited 7 minutes in the adjacent Starbuks and it was so understaffed I walked out (not the hotel's fault but horrendous staffing).

I was promised I would get a newspaper the next morning.

Guess what? No newspaper.

I finally got the welcome text (28 hours after check in) and replied. Only then did I get a newspaper.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
If you can get a deluxe sub $200 and get upgraded to a suite, go for it. Otherwise, this hotel year-over-year is getting cheaper and cheaper. I've spent 16 paid nights the past 2 years here over 3 stays.