FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2017
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:11 am
jpdx
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

ANA Sapporo

ANA Sapporo

What is your Priority Club status?
Spire

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
It was ok.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard room -- 1 night (Sat) on points, 1 night (Sun) paid -- received high floor.

How are the rooms?
Tiny. I couldn't find this particular room on the website, but it looks like a high floor, remodeled version of the Comfort Double. This is listed at 21sqm (200sqft), but feels smaller -- strangely, the bathroom is much larger than what would typically be found in a Japanese room of this size. It was hard to find a space for my suitcase, and it would have been impossible with two. Unusually for this kind of room in a Japanese business hotel, there’s a Nespresso machine.

How is the exec. lounge?
There's a lounge on the top floor, but I don't think it's an executive lounge. In any case, no access.

What was good and what was bad?
A slight upgrade to a very tiny, but at least fairly modern room, on a high floor. As is common in Japan, no benefits apart from a bottle of water and welcome points. Hotel was sold out, so the high floor, modern room, with non-smoking preference honored, is a decent outcome.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Japanese hotels are often insanely priced on Saturday nights -- in this case, Sapporo was almost fully booked, and the ANA initially posted rates of 30k yen, which inched up further until the hotel showed sold out some 3 weeks prior to the stay. On weeknights, rates are a small fraction -- 10k yen in this case. The points requirement usually reflects Saturday rates (40k in this case), making it an ok redemption for Saturday, and it’s obviously better to pay cash on Sunday.