FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2017 Edition
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:52 am
AANYC1981
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
CTG-ATL
738 (AVOD with the old small screens)
TUMI amenity kits were at seats with domestic pillow and blankets

FYI I too am noticing a very mix & match service between old service ware and new Alessi stuff. Hasn't it been long enough that Alessi has been in market to provide something consistent?

PDB - nothing, but our inbound was over an hour late. The guy across the aisle from me asked for a beer and the FA obliged but I heard "just don't let anyone see you". So he basically either drank the beer in the galley or in the bathroom during boarding.....strange.

Menus passed out. Orders taken based on elite status, so the FA was hopping around the cabin. He shook my hand and thanked me for being Gold, nice touch.

Edited to add: this round trip catering has got to stop. My mom and I were in row 1 and when asked for a drink in-flight there was no Diet Coke, nor Jack Daniels AT ALL. It was like trying to figure out something to drink with the leftovers from a college party.

A round of drinks were offered prior to the meal thankfully.....drink service slow again to get started despite two FA's being up front.

First course was pretty good

Main dish was huge!

I was so full, I did fruit and cheese for dessert (old DL silverware)

I got the impression DL has local catering in CTG (crackers with the cheese, type of butter was different from ATL catering, and overall just much more generous amounts of food.

Service overall was fine......really not too impressed with the ATL crews on this trip.....my DCA-ATL-DCA flights had much more attentive and engaged FA's with much more proactive service.

Last edited by AANYC1981; Jul 27, 2017 at 12:45 pm