FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earning miles flying Qantas marketed Emirates flight (QF flight #, EK metal)
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:26 pm
JimmyJoe

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, WR, AA Gold, Friend of Dorothy
QF ticket EK flight credit to AS?

I'm wondering if anyone has experience getting Alaska Airlines miles for flying on Emirates with a Qantas ticket.

Specifically what I am looking at booking is Cairo to Dubai on Emirates followed by Dubai to Sydney on Qantas. This would be a Qantas ticket. The first flight has a Qantas flight number but is operated by Emirates.

The Alaska Airlines earning website on the Emirates page says that, "Ticket has to be on Emirates ticket stock to qualify."

This quote does not appear on the other Airline earning pages such as Qantas, British Airways, and American.

One thing to note is that when I have flown American and British Airways on the same ticket, often not all the flights will credit automatically to Alaska Airlines. However, after manuals mission of boarding passes, they all credit it. The similar situation has happened with Delta and KLM Air France.

Initially I thought it would be reasonable that this Cairo to Dubai Emirates flight with also credit after manuals mission of boarding pass to Alaska Airlines. However, since the Alaska website clearly states that Emirates flights must be on Emirates tickets, I'm wondering if this is really the case?

Has anyone run across this?