FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Gave Away my Seat after a Cancellation
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:41 pm
jdrtravel

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by bgriff

I know it doesn't help remove the frustrating experience you had, but $250 is a decent offer for this kind of situation. (And for what it's worth I would definitely argue for choosing $250 over the 10,000 miles.)
I disagree about the compensation being enough. I've gotten this much for IFE being broken. If things happened as the OP says, then this is essentially IDB. I know that it may not technically be IDB, but it should be treated as such, and the compensation should be higher (I would say closer to $800-1k voucher and confirmed F on the next flight).

OP, in the future, in a situation like this, it is a good idea to look for a Red Coat. Red Coat is Delta's airport customer service program. Red Coat employees function kind of like supervisors and they are empowered to make on the spot corrections to resolve customer service issues. You can literally identify them because they wear red sport coats, and they are the only ones who do.