FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Gave Away my Seat after a Cancellation
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:10 pm
Connie3922

Programs: Delta
Unhappy Delta Gave Away my Seat after a Cancellation

As a silver medallion member and frequent Delta traveler, I understand delays and cancellations. Friday I was delayed 3 hours (mechanical and then weather) and the flight was eventually cancelled. I was re-booked on a flight the next day and received a boarding pass and CONFIRMED seat in first class ( original seat was comfort +). I was denied boarding and watched as the gate agent put several stand-bys on the flight. He was extremely rude and insisted I was not on the flight and refused to look at my boarding pass. I went to the PSA desk and was put on stand-by for the next flight. I'm extrememly disappointed and feel like the gate agent behavior was unacceptable. I didn't yell or curse or cause any sort of disruption, yet he threatened to call security on my when I started to cry. I've reached out to Delta and they offered 10,000 miles or a $250 voucher......I don't really want either and I feel like that measly amount is a slap in the face for how I was treated. If this is how they treat loyalty members, what's the point?