FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is BA reducing BHD flights from the Winter schedule?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:31 pm
stifle
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
BHD is seeing a route reduction, I think it has been made public in a previous thread here, due to passenger numbers and the alternative EI service, I think it's the only Domestic location so affected, though SVG and BGO are losing their services altogether. I'm presuming the slots will be used elsewhere. KEF is going up to two flights a day, which is amusing for a location that BA stopped flying to for many years, but there is scope for other flight increases elsewhere.

This was a surprise to me too, the exact timings are now not conducive to USA connections, and BHD-USA is quite renown as a popular connection. So BA operate at 06:20 and then 12:50 (approx), with an Aer Lingus / BA codeshare at 11:05. I guess many people will book the codeshare (wittingly or not) going forward, but that involves a terminal change. In your case you can certainly ask, but traditionally they've not been so keen to move people on to codeshares, mainly due the fact that the fare buckets don't always allow it.
I ran a non-statistical straw poll of my Belfast-based friends and none would fly BHD-LHR-XXX where XXX is in the USA. They would drive or take the coach to DUB.