FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Refunds on RFS?
Thread: Refunds on RFS?
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:40 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fbruno
I was wondering what happens when refunding a ticket paid with cash+miles if the airport tax is lower than the BA redeposit fee.

Will they still only keep the amount paid for the airport taxes/RFS, or will they also calculate the redeposit fee over the amount paid on cash+avios?
(Or do they re-deposit the "purcahsed" avios into your account, like IHG does?).
So I think you are asking about an avios & money booking - i.e. a reward booking where you have paid more cash to reduce the amount of avios required?

For an avios & money booking you will get back all the cash supplement, and any cancellation fee will only be taken from the taxes/fees/charges (TFC) element. If the TFC element is less than the £35 per person they don't take the remainder from the cash supplement. In fact you will actually get two credits back on your card, one of which will be the cash supplement and the other will be any remainder of the TFC if there is some left once the cancellation fee is deducted. You would also get all the avios you actually paid refunded.