FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delay to AF165 rebooked but booking incorrect
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:37 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by brunos
That being said, I wonder why you went through all this stress and trouble to change a flight that was only 31 minutes late and would have left you an easy connection at CDG.
Remember that last night and even this morning AF were advising a 1:20 delay which would have resulted in a 0:40 connection from non-schengen to schengen transfer from 2E to 2G. Had I been travelling alone with work, I would have insisted on flying to Paris, but this trip is with 2 young kids <4 and a gate check stroller.

AF stated this morning they were going to rebook us anyway if I had waited until check in. That would have been AF1452 the next day, with TG we arrive 5,5hrs earlier than this.

A missed connection would have meant dealing with the mess at CDG for rebooking, waiting in lines, taxis to unknown hotels. All with kids after a long haul flight. While this rebooking was certainly frustrating, the kids were free to do as they pleased during all of this.

While there was a big upside to gambling and winning, there was also a pretty big downside to gambling and losing. I would have won if I gambled, but this felt like the safer option at the time.