FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delay to AF165 rebooked but booking incorrect
Old Jul 17, 2017, 5:38 am
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by THD
Ok. Here's an update. Seeing as we would be stuck in Bangkok an extra day, decided to head to airport anyway this morning sans family to talk with AF directly. They were proactively rebooking people with connections and was told we were in line to be rebooked so were glad that I had contacted the call centre already to rebook onward connection to GOT as I saved them a bit of work. Once they looked at my booking they saw my family were good to go but there was indeed a problem with my ticket. Progress.

After an hour of tapping away and calling supervisor, no progress on getting it sorted. They said they could not find new ticket and details. I insisted I had a new ticket number, which I had to continue insisting 5-6 times, finally they asked if I really had a new ticket number and to see the number. After it was entered into their system, things started moving again. That seemed to allow them to reissue my ticket on AF stock (rest of family on DL stock). Checked in with TG, new ticket appears fine.

Spent day in bangkok and now awaiting the evening flight.

It does look like the original connection may have worked, which would have saved all the frustration but the important thing is I have a ticket home. TGs premium economy product is with a flat bed so a big upgrade on hard product to soften the delay. Kids will also be better on the night flight. Looking for silver linings

Thanks for for the advice, definitely learnt a bit more dos and don'ts.
Glad to hear that all ends well.Let's now hope the TG flight is on time. TG is often selling their C seats as PE, so you are lucky.

That being said, I wonder why you went through all this stress and trouble to change a flight that was only 31 minutes late and would have left you an easy connection at CDG.