FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bank of Guam Delta Visa Gold...
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:16 am
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by talkflyhnl
So this thread has been hikacked by the Delta AMEX hand puppets....my question has to do with the Bank of Guam Skymiles Visa Gold.....
Seems to me your question was answered.

The only "benefit" with the Delta Gold AMEX is 1 mile per dollar spent except for Delta.com where it's 2:1. There are NO bonus MQM's with the Gold AMEX Delta Skymiles card. As a Million miler and Platinum medallion level flyer, I get bonus miles from Delta but not AMEX. The interest rate is much lower with Bank of Guam Visa. As for customer service, two emails were responded to by a human being within an hour.....you'll never see that from American Express.
As a Platinum Medallion and a million miler with Delta....I spend more than 10k annually on airfares under my Skymiles account. AMERICAN EXPRESS Delta cards have little value and are expensive in terms of fees and interest rates. American Express is not as widely accepted as other credit cards. COSTCO severed their relationship with AMEX.....and they obviously know something. It's time to follow Costco's lead.....
Not sure who exactly you're trying to impress, but glad you have a product you're happy with.