FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2017 Edition
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:30 pm
jdrtravel

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
MSP-SFO, 5:55 PM departure. 757-200 First Class Dinner.

MPLS based crew was excellent: friendly, attentive and service had a good flow.

Dinner choices were halibut with soba noodles, a side salad and frozen yogurt, or parmesan crusted beef with roasted potatoes & broccoli served with shrimp cocktail, dinner roll and frozen yogurt.

I had the beef. The flavors were quite good but it was a bit dry and overcooked, which dramatically reduced the appeal of the dish. The potatoes and broccoli were mediocre. The dinner roll was especially terrible: stale, dry and screaming school lunch cafeteria. WHY can't DL get bread right anymore? This never used to be an issue. The shrimp cocktail was very good, as was the frozen yogurt.

Interesting to note: My travel companion also had the beef and his was cooked medium-well rather than (very) well done like mine. I was surprised at the inconsistency and I wonder where in the supply process this occurs. I've pictured both his and mine for reference, his on the left, mine on the right.

Unlike some other recent comments, I felt that the quantity was totally fine. I did not want more food than this, I just wish it had not been overcooked, and that the veggies were a bit more interesting.
Attached Images    

Last edited by jdrtravel; Jul 9, 2017 at 9:23 am