FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat choice showing all unavailable?
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:51 pm
TownCar

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Ah, ok, these extra details are actually quite critical. Because you are an "on carriage" passenger, my hint, correctly picked up, about downgrading should not apply, you're off that list, or rather way down the pecking order. Moreover you can check in a few hours before LHR based travellers (though presumably after those from India etc). NCL won't be able to see much happening, so I doubt you'll be rerouted either. I would still check in on the dot of T-24. I would check in for NCL only first, get your boarding pass, then check in immediately for DFW, but don't be too worried if it doesn't initially let you do so. Just try again every hour or so. And good luck for any magic bleeps.

HBO is the way to go!
Ok, cheers! If I can manage HBO and check-in for NCL-LHR online, then NCL won't see much of anything happening as my first encounter with them will be at the gate (well, excluding the lounge).

However, in recent months I've never been able to OLCI for the US-bound segment, either via the mobile app or online. It always says they need to verify my documents. I've always presumed that it's because I'm connecting from a domestic flight, but then stopped and wondered how that is different from starting at Heathrow because either way, the first time my passport & ESTA is checked is at Heathrow.

I shall cross fingers for the special bleep at the gate at Heathrow!