FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How long before Hilton follows Marriott's 72hr cancellation policy?
Old Jun 17, 2017, 9:57 am
hugolover
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have no idea about the US but in Europe the chains are absolutely desperate to poach corporate biz from one to another and cancellation periods are absolutely imperative to that lucrative business. I still see 6PM cancellations on the big corporate contracts and I would be extremely surprised if that were to change. On the other end, Hilton's et al might not like it but OTAs still pull the shots-just take a glance at a breakfast list to see the sea of BOOKINGCOM rates. They have typically generous cancellation policies and I can see more OTAs USP being their flexible cancellation policy because its a big negotiating point where the independent hotels are so weak and rely on the OTAs. We all look through the prism of Marriott vs Hilton but independents are on that platform when the biggest booking engines of all list them all together and if its two clicks to book most travellers couldn't give a hoot if its Hilton or a nice 4*.