FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA/JL: HKG-NRT-JFK, $550ai, 17173 miles, 3.2cpm
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:49 pm
Flyerhandle

Programs: AA EXP x 1.5, DL GM, JB, HH GLD
Originally Posted by HLCinCOU
You did take into account the special fare EQD for the AAVacations part, yes? Also, how did you book the non-AAV part? Might check and see if it's a bulk fare etc. You may be closer than you think. In any case, if you're still short the only remedy is to fly a bit more, preferably on a long-and-cheap business class ticket with a partner airline, or on a long-and-cheap economy AA flight bought as a bulk ticket.
A few follow-up questions. If you bought a business class ticket on a partner airline, it would have to be one that was not marketed as an AA flight at all in order to qualify for the percentage of distance rule, right? In that case, if it was in a fare class > I it would earn 25% of miles. Am I reading things correctly?

As for the second suggestion, I thought that bulk fares were ineligible for any mileage credit, or is there a difference between bulk and consolidators? How and where does one locate this type of fare? TIA