FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:42 pm
wwongo

I also purchased a gift card recently and it was not reimbursed but I added it to "my wallet" which already had a small balance. Shortly after that I purchased a ticket and after applying my wallet balance, the total was about $22. I paid for that with my business platinum card and that amount was promptly reimbursed. So it seems that while gift cards are being excluded, small amounts for ticket purchase are not.

It's convoluted but I suppose if you have a ticket to buy, you could buy some gift cards, add them to "my wallet" and then pay for the balance with the card that you have the airline credit on since is does seem to still reimburse small amounts for tickets. I also have had it reimburse for small ticket purchases such as really cheap one ways on the west coast. Between that and some cheese plates etc, I'm sure I'll spend it by the end of the year but it is a pain to have to pay attention to.