FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Berlin B777?
View Single Post
Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:54 am
flyercity

AUH-TXL on Privilege 777

Just flew AUH-TXL on Privilege 777 last weekend. At first it was a bit of a disaster as no notification was sent and the check-in people told me that my original seat booking had been reallocated due to the equipment change. Then it turned out that the aircraft (as stated above, a 15-year old Asiana 777-200) was parked about as far from terminal as possible in AUH, necessitating a 10 minute bus ride at around 2:30 am (with lots of crazies sharing the road).

The good news is that the seats on the Privilege 777 are actually a lot more generous than the usual AB seats. Also, as this seems to be a wet lease arrangement, the crew is from Spain and, in my case, they were fantastic. A lot more attention to detail than is usual these days, plus they came around several times with drinks etc.

As for TXL, people who fly there often will confirm that the airport is a disaster. The aircraft will park at "Terminal" C (more of an old warehouse which has become a make-shift terminal) and you will be bused all the way around the perimeter to Terminal A, where a very long passport queue awaits. You then end up at the baggage carrousel or, if you are connecting, you must walk all the way though Terminal A, past all the shops etc, out the door, down s flight of steps, along a long corridor, until you are finally back at the aforementioned warehouse-type structure, which is Terminal C.