FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories
Old May 26, 2017, 4:05 pm
securesmaskfirst

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM
Golden ticket to the front of the line...or maybe not

For those who like short posts..

Family thinks Au AE gives them right to DWKWIA behavior.

For the rest of us...
A bit of a rant, but quite a bit of DYKWIA behavior today.
While waiting to board a flight from LGA to MSP, the gate lice were incredible. There were oversold flights around us and delayed and cancelled flights...and lots of children in strollers and car seats. It was a zoo.

So, I am trying to hang back, but I am in 1B...so I know I will need to get on as early as possible to get my bag in a bin close to me.

This man, his wife, and child literally pushed me out of the way. The wife was holding up an American Express Gold card and leading the way. Announcing, priority boarding, priority boarding. The family did make it up to the GA. He was dealing with the people who need extra time and assistance and all of the strollers and car seats.

Mr. Gold American Express (Mr. GAE) was not happy about this at all. "Excuse me! We are priority" He then grabs the credit card from his wife and puts it about six inches from the GA's face.

The GA was amazing... He calmly said, when I say Sky, you can board. That seemed to placate Mr. GAE, until premium and DM members were called. They refused to move away from the GA.

Once again, amazing GA...he calmly said, if you step aside, you will be after these people...if you don't...we all will wait.

Premium boarded, but once they got on, they kept on bossing around the other passengers and crew. Since I was in 1B I could see it all. The FA was attempting to come to the front of the plane and the FA at the door asked them to wait a moment. Mr. GAE, took out his gold American Express card again flashing it in front of the GA and said, "we are priority." The FA, without missing a beat said, you can save 10% on purchases abord this flight while using the delta American Express, I thought I would pee in my pants with laughter. But, it bought the FA in the back time to wiggle back into the front of the plane.

There were other crazy stories as they tried to rearrange luggage and where people could sit in the back of the plane, but this post is long enough.

Last edited by securesmaskfirst; May 26, 2017 at 5:04 pm