FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Points from the Pacific [split off from OMaaT]
Old May 25, 2017, 4:28 pm
nlagalle

Originally Posted by 84fiero
Wow! That simple, eh? Who knew?!

I'll have to watch the video later, not coming up with the work computer at the moment. But I can just about imagine it.

Perusing through his flight reviews this year so far, a quick back of the envelope shows he has redeemed at least ~740,000 miles with various FFPs. In some cases he has mentioned transferred from AMEX MR to the FFPs.

I could easily accrue that much with signup bonuses alone in a year. But from the occasional comments from FT'ers from down under, I thought Australia wasn't exactly the land of huge CC signup bonuses (assuming it would be his parents getting them with him as an AU?)?

There's no way this kid would actually spend anywhere close to that even with category bonuses. Unless there are good MS opportunities in Australia, it seems like that has to almost all from parental CC spending and/or maybe purchasing miles for him.

Browsing the reviews made it more obvious how much he's trying way too hard to emulate Lucky... obsessed with the ME3 carriers (to be fair they're pretty good but still)... kind of a similar format and feel to the reviews... over-uses some of the same catch phrases/adjectives (e.g., everything is "fantastic").

Kinda sad really. Though I guess emulating your idols goes hand in hand with that age.
He fails to mention about buying miles (although it is in some of his blogs), and where does the money come from for that?

I know he didn't save up and pay for the Residence trip. and you only need to do the math to work out he'd need to be earning at least $200 per week every week and not spending it to raise 20k in 2 years. the numbers just don't stack up.