FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any tips for an AB transatlantic newbie?
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2017, 12:21 pm
Gus2013

Programs: AC, A3*G AB-G
Originally Posted by kathmom
What about the comfort of the seats in regular economy? I confess I booked TXL-SFO (extra longhaul flight) for July with Avios when I saw the good deal several months ago. Then I started reading about AB's bankruptcy, plus the last straw was the seat pitch of of 30 and many complaints of narrow and uncomfortable seats.
Instead, I found SAAver business/first TATL on AA metal from MAD-JFK-DCA and booked that, figured we have AA miles to burn. I decided losing my $100 in BA fees was worth the extra comfort and not having to worry my flight will be canceled at the last minute by AB. Anyway, you didn't seem to think the seats were too bad, at least you had extra legroom where you were.
Admittedly the seat pitch is a bit tight, but in my opinion does not feel worse that many other airlines. I don't know where this "narrow seat" complaint comes from... this is a standard 2-4-2 arrangement and the seats are standard width and in my opinion much more comfortable than an AA 3-4-3 777 (or any other airline flying 3-4-3 777 like AC for example) arrangement that I had the misfortune of flying recently.