FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Konnichiwa! LH F (via FRA FCT & a 911) to Japan for Sakura. Back home via Shanghai.
Old May 23, 2017, 7:40 am
JohnRain

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Traveling with Mrs JohnRain comes with certain logistical challenges, such as finding a cab with a trunk big enough for the entire spring/summer collection 2017 of (insert your favourite designer here). After a couple of rather chaotic attempts with a regular car I came to the conclusion that investing in a van was the only way to go. Exit the E (or even S) Class, enter the Viano.

On the way to HND.

The domestic JAL F lounge was pretty underwhelming.

Pouring the beer was almost more fun than drinking it.

Got it?

Haneda, also known as Changi light.

I was looking forward to my first ever flight with JAL.

No gate lice in Japan.

European carriers, take notice: it is entirely possible to offer a real seat for domestic premium travel, rather than the pathetic cardboard version you're currently using.

The weather was still pretty lousy...

...but at least I got a glimpse of Mt Fuji.

Nice menu...

... and decent lunch for such a short flight.

Upon arrival at the St Regis Osaka we were given a temporary room to freshen up as our suite wasn't ready yet.
As this would be our only day in Osaka (on the two other days of our stay we would be visiting Kyoto), we decided to go and explore Osaka Castle.

Back to the hotel, this time to our permanent room, a lovely Grand Deluxe Suite...

... where a delicious birthday cake was waiting for us.

Dusk over Osaka.

Lovely Birthday dinner at the Italian restaurant of the hotel, La Veduta.

And some Japanese sweets to finish the day.

Up Next: Amazing Kyoto, Part I