FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No, I will not throw away a First Class ticket to London even if it is on American
Old May 21, 2017, 7:34 am
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TheAAdmiral
Awesome trip report SFO777! You never disappoint. I would have patiently wait at the Hilton as well!
Thank you TheAAdmiral.

Originally Posted by greg5
As always, another excellent trip report. However, the Bündnerfleisch on your flight from LHR to CDG was looking a bit like it had been in the fridge for a few days.
Thanks greg5.

Originally Posted by ant_west
This confused me too when reading your report - it read as if you took the Heathrow Express to T3 then walkway to the T4 Hilton. Reality is that you take the Heathrow Express to "Heathrow Central/T1/T2/T3" then you changed train and took the Heathrow Connect (no change of platform required) to Terminal 4 and then took the elevator to the check-in area of Terminal 4 (not T3), from whence there is the walkway to the T4 Hilton. I think it is worth noting in case others get confused by exiting at T3 and trying to find the walkway to the T4 Hilton!
Thank you ant_west and sorry for the confusion. Indeed Heathrow Connect takes you to T4.

Originally Posted by Smiley90
I didn't even look further up on the plate! My bad.
I miss it, I moved away 8 years ago after living there for 19. I always bring some with me from my yearly visit, really hard to get here in Canada...
SFO should've definitely tried at least that part. Though I don't trust BA to have good Buendnerfleisch anyway so maybe it's for the best... That one looks indeed not-fresh. To dreary of a brown, not nearly red enough.
Thanks Smiley90 although it was AF and not BA of that flight.

Originally Posted by nequine
That lounge and food look superb and see why you love it!
Absolutely. Thank you nequine.

Originally Posted by Beltway2A
That leftmost bread item looks a bit concerning...
I would agree, if it was bread. Annalisa12 is correct...

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Wonderful cauliflower decoration!
Originally Posted by gaobest

The cdg lounge is fabulous - 4.5 hours just feels too short! I enjoyed 5-ish hours in FRA LH SEN lounge, and we know how limited it is in comparison!
Did you get extra servings of the truffle Mac & cheese? I assumed you got foie gras which of course is bad for our cholesterol...
Thanks so much gaobest. 4.5 hours was perfect. Unless we are in a hurry to get where we're going, we typically take the longer connection instead of the more convenient 75 minute one.

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Thanks for sharing! Very much enjoyed reading!
Thank you for reading miamiflyer8.

Originally Posted by JohnRain
Only if you don't drink a good glass of wine with it...
Sooner or later I'll have to try the AF F experience myself and you're of course entirely to blame for it, SFO777...
I do remember that you have this thing with AF and for some reason prefer LH.
But one of these days, you and Mrs. JohnRain will have to try it and that could put an end to those 3am wakeup calls and 6am CDG-FRA flights.

Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Great report.
A bit of trivia. The Hilton T4 was originally built by the now-defunct BAA (the previous British Airports Authority before it was privatised) and was branded the "Sterling", which was BAA's short-lived luxury airport hotel brand. The Sofitel Gatwick was part of the same chain which accounts for its similar external experience. Both hotels had direct access to T4 and the North Terminal respectively which was something of an innovation in the UK when they opened.
http://hiltonlondonheathrow.blogspot.co.uk/2013/
Thanks BahrainLad. I imagine that it has gone thru a few renovations over the years. Once you finally get to the hotel, it is quite attractive.