FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MB European Delivery Program – An Adventure on Wheels
Old May 20, 2017, 7:13 pm
adampenrith

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Originally Posted by arkangel
Great trip report and photos! It brought back some wonderful memories of my MB European Delivery experience in June, 2010. I purchased an E350 Cabriolet, in red no less. It stood out like a "sore thumb" when viewing the 30, or so, silver, and black, other vehicles due for pickup that day. I kept my license plate and it is now "displayed" on the front of my 350. It begins with "BB."

The lunch was wonderful and, like yourselves, didn't use up all of my voucher. So, they gave me a few bottles of wine to "take with!"

I then drove to Mulhouse to visit friends near there and, on a short stretch of the autobahn enroute, was able to reach a speed of 210km/hr. And was still passed by a Porsche!

Following my stay in Alsace, I drove to Paris to meet my wife and friends. Unfortunately, I wasn't watching my speed close enough and was pulled over by mobile radar for doing 165km/hr in a 130km/hr zone. Following a visit at the nearest gendarmarie, much to my surprise, I was only fined 45 Euros. I was told that they allow 15Km/hr over the limit, so my ultimate fine was for 20 over.

Finally, the organ at the cathedral at Passau is, indeed, the largest functioning church pipe organ. There are larger instruments in the US: the Wanamaker at Macy's dept. store in Philadelphia, and the Atlantic City Convention Center instrument. But, these are, of course, not church organs, and the latter is not fully functioning.
In June of 2016 we travelled in Europe, on arriving home I got a few French Fines, from speed camera. one was for 64 in a 60 zone 45 Euro.

4 over is a bit harsh !!!!