FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best use of Chase UR points for USA Mainland>Hawaii trip [Consolidated]
Old May 19, 2017, 5:54 pm
paralemo

Programs: Chase UR
Best way to use UR points to fly LAX to Hawaii?

Hello all,

Any help would be much appreciated because I'm a bit of a reward points rookie. I have been gathering up points for a couple of years, and now have a LOT of them. In the past 1-2 years I've been trying to use them but we haven't done too much travelling and I don't want to waste them on 1:1 ratio. I was waiting for a nice flight and maybe hotel stay.

We decided to do a few days in Hawaii. Pretty flexible in terms of dates, but ideally within June or July.

So, I was excited to use my many UR points to get it done... and so far it's not looking good. I can go and book through the UR portal - but that's a waste.. I'm better off converting to $$ and booking from anywhere, so I have more options. I then called up British Airways, because they're partnered with a few airlines and I know I can convert my points to BA points... but I was told that they have 0 availability for ANY days within June, July, or even August. I almost thought that the guy was kidding. I started by asking for Honolulu, but then proceeded to say ANY Hawaii airport. Nothing.

Any advice? I would like to get the flights (maybe even first class if it's a good deal) and then maybe hotels, though I know that the points don't go as far for hotel stays..

Let me know what you think.

Thank you very much in advance!