FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RTW in 9 Days- Flying SQ J LAX-ICN-SIN-MLE, PH Maldives, + EY J MLE-AUH-LAX
Old May 19, 2017, 4:54 pm
TheTravelPlaybook

Part VII: Singapore Layover

With only 6 1/2 hours to kill in Singapore, it was a bit too long to stay in the airport, as nice as Changi is, and we had never been to Singapore before. So, we made the decision to head to the Gardens by the Bay to check them out, as well as a quick walkthrough of the Marina Bay Sands. With a rainy day in the forecast, the infinity pool, the stuff of Instagram legend, would not be in the cards.

As expected, Singapore's customs was a breeze. It rivaled Hong Kong in efficiency. We stored our bags in the terminal's luggage storage, which cost about $12 USD for 3 bags, conveniently located by the taxi terminal.

Then, we hopped in a taxi and headed straight for the Gardens by the Bay. We were starving, and we made the regrettable decision of McDonald's for lunch- while better than the stateside version, we wish we had chosen a more local option, but there aren't many options at the front gate of the park, and when you're hungry, you're hungry.

We got our tickets at a 10% discount with our Singapore boarding passes, and entered the Cloud Garden, then the Flower Dome. They were, naturally, an incredible site. I'll shut up and let the pictures do the talking. I liked how it was tulip season, sponsored by KLM, of course.

And, just like that, after a walk to the Marina Bay Sands, we caught a taxi back to the airport.

This left us enough time to relax in the Singapore Airlines Business Class lounge, which I thought was elegantly laid out. Tiger beer on tap? Yes please!

Then, we had to make a stop at the Orchid Garden and koi pond before our flight.

Just TWO MORE flights and a boat ride to the Park Hyatt! Good thing we love flying...

Last edited by TheTravelPlaybook; May 19, 2017 at 5:02 pm