FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mini Rant
Thread: Mini Rant
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2017, 8:30 am
navylad

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by Often1
The issue as OP sets it forth has nothing to do with status, but size of his bag. He had a factual dispute with the BA agent which the sizer is there to resolve. The bag either fits the sizer or it does not.

Presuming that the specific sizer in question meets the BA dimensions (let us presume that it is standard and does), there is simply no dispute.

The fact that the bag fits the OH or that there is space in the OH is not relevant to this immediate situation (although I can appreciate that BA, like most carriers, cuts off larger compliant cabin luggage when the OH bins are nearly full in order to avoid backup problems.

Holding the BP and phone seems silly. I can;t imagine that anyone would physically disobey a directive not to board or that, if that ocurred, BA does not have easy recourse.
Just to heckle from the auditorium, it was BP which was his phone and passport, they at the point had told the OP he can't take his luggage onboard, if he was then trying to leave the boarding area, would they have not given them back but as it was the OP would have try to board if they had given them back- am I wrong? They would need the OPs BP to check in the luggage, so I don't see this as holding it to ransom. That's certainly the debate on the previous thread over the last couple of weeks. Advice I gave then and standby is to get a paper BP and not give anyone your phone.

Anyway, popcorn refilled back to the cheap seats.