FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Electronic devices ban Europe to the US [merged threads]
Old May 17, 2017, 5:01 pm
DeltaFlyer IntrepidClass
formerly known as s2kdriver80

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Amex MR, Chase UR
Question So anything with a removable battery ok?

So it seems the issue lies in the batteries. So does this mean that any device with a removable battery is ok to bring in the cabin (sans battery)?

If this is true, ultrabook laptops and tablets might be an issue. But digital SLR cameras should be ok, no? Remove the tiny battery and check it. Also what about expensive lenses? They have no battery.

Also, would external battery packs used to supplement smartphone battery life be ok to bring in the cabin? They are roughly the same size as the phone. If they expect us to rely on one device to keep us entertained for a 12+ hour international flight, you'll need the juice for that. Yes, you have USB outlets, but a lot of them charge slower than the drain from using the device.

Leaving for Europe from JFK tomorrow, coming back June 3. Seriously don't know what to do at this point. I usually have with me in the cabin, my phone, external battery, ultrabook laptop, and a digital SLR camera with a lens and external flash.