FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Imperial, Luxury Collection, Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]
Old May 16, 2004, 10:17 am
jchand

Originally Posted by number_6
There are very few standard rooms (less than 10%) and they face the interior courtyard. The size of a normal hotel room, not small by any means and I think they have a sofa but not a separate sitting area (I haven't stayed in one but my PA did, so my description may be a bit off). The suites can be quite large; my last suite could easily hold 50 people in the living room and maybe 30 in the bedroom -- lots of empty space. And lots of chandeliers. They've stayed true to the original style of the building (private residence built as a palace and not as a hotel). Butler service is standard. No club floor (hardly any need for one). And some of the best concierges in the world, very good at taking care of anything for you. This is one of the ten best hotels in the world, with museum quality furnishings.

Edited to add that the Bristol does have a club level and you can stay at the Bristol very cheaply as it is participating in Cash&Points (USD 60 plus 4000 points). Definitely a step down from the Imperial, but better than the Hilton and Plat usually gets you an upgrade to club level. A couple of the suites at the Bristol are very nice, and the dining room (Corso) is arguably the best food in Vienna.
I recently enquired abut club level at the Bristol and was advised by them that the no longer have a club lounge .... Which is a shame.